- OPC Server
If you want to set up DeviceXPlorer OPC Server on 2 PCs for redundancy, your host application (OPC Client) needs to switch them. SCADA such as GENESIS64 has a function to make redundant communication with OPC servers as standard.
DeviceXPlorer OPC Server has a redundant communication function with devices such as PLCs.
*Please refer to this article for information on licenses in redundant configurations.
Communication path switching with devices
DeviceXPlorer OPC Server provides the redundant communication function with devices. The setting procedure is shown below.
- Create device settings and port settings for each primary and secondary device. You only need to create tags on the primary device, and not create tags on the secondary device.
- Make sure each device setting can communicate with auctual device.
- Set "Redundant Communication" in the device option of the primary device setting.
- By setting redundant communication, if your host application accesses the tags of Device1 and a communication error occurs in communication with Device1, the communication path will automatically switch to Device2. Your host application accesses only Device1 and doesn't need to access Device2 directly.
- By monitoring the device system tag from your host application, communication status and switching status can be checked.
Communication status: $Status (BOOL type)
Status of switching to standby system: $Standby (BOOL type)
e.g.: Access Device1.$Standby, and if it is ON, you can see that it has switched to standby communication.